Monday, July 04, 2005

Human waste

One of my friends told me she is in love...

Life is crazy. Not because my friend is in love. Not because I'm not anymore. It just is. I was overtaken by melancholy yesterday. There's so much to do. Where do I start? "Just take one day at a time..." he said. That seems like eons ago. How does one do that exactly? Take one day at a time? Any suggestions?

I had a dream about a week ago. It is one of only two that I have had as an adult that I have remembered. Both included my ex... This dream took place in a bathroom, that I believe was at his house because the bathtub was the same, although the room itself was a bit different. Anyway, we were sitting on the couch talking and he said he had to go to the bathroom. He got up and left. When he returned a few minutes later, I went to the bathroom and for some reason felt compelled to pull back the shower curtain. When I did, I saw that my ex had left a big pile of shit behind. And by big, I mean a huge, tall pile of shit, maybe 2 or 3 feet tall... There was also a lot of runny shit on the floor of the tub. I began to try rinsing the runny variety out of the tub and it came clean, easily rinsing away and flowing down the drain, but there was still the big tall pile, so I looked at it, stopped rinsing, and called my ex into the bathroom. I remember asking him -thoroughly disguted by the whole scenario- what was wrong with him and why he would shit in the bathtub like that and just leave it? He looked at me, ashamed, and in silence, knelt down at the side of the tub, turned on the water, and began cleaning away the big pile of shit. But, I didn't watch or wait until he finished, I just left the bathroom and then I woke up....

Strange dream. Strangely prophetic, maybe? Does it mean that I am finitely over things more than I had originally thought? Or could it mean that this troubled man is ingrained in my subconcious...will he stay there forever? I'm a little afraid of that.

2 comments:

Eunice said...

Okay, that is a bizarre dream...

Maybe it means that no matter what, all he leaves you with is a pile of shit in the end, and then he feels bad and then comes back to clean it up. But by you walking away this time, means that you're not willing to help him this time, only so he can do it again. Maybe it means that you're ready to move on.

I think that no matter how much we try to bury these memories of these past loves and the pain they left us with, they always remain a small part of our subconscious, like a ghost, waiting to haunt us when we least expect it.

Eunice said...

Rachel~ email me- daisies141@comcast.net and I'll help you with the techno nerdy stuff you want to know. :)

~e