Saturday, July 16, 2005

About Me Too...

Borrowed this Nonvocabulum forgive me if I haven't named all others...

1. What is your occupation?
I'm a lover not a fighter. Well, I'm a fighter when I have to be, but only with bitches, just ask K.S. & Mahalia &...Seriously, though, I am an aspiring journalist. I don't really know what I am right now.
2. What color is your underwear? Pink.
3. What are you listening to right now? Still on Worldwide Underground by Erykah Badu. Best of David Bowie too...
4. What was the last thing you ate? A handful of salted almonds and a glass of iced tea with a hint of lime.
5. Do you wish on stars? No, but maybe I should start.
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Robin's Egg Blue
7. How is the weather right now? It's pleasant maybe 70 degrees. Low humidity. Seattle summers...mmmmm, so nice.
8. Last person you spoke to on the phone? My manager at work.
9. How old are you today? 34.
10. Favorite drink? Lemonade, freshly-squeezed; Iced tea.
11. Favorite sport to watch? Track and Field meets
12. Have you ever dyed your hair? Once. A coppery color with blond highlights.
13. Do you wear contacts or glasses? No
14. Pets? A rabbit.
15. Favorite month? October
16. Favorite food? Mexican, Soul food, Italian, Puerto Rican, Cuban, Algerian, Tunisian. I generally just like to throw down...
17. What was the last movie you watched? Mad Hot Ballroom. Cute kids. Makes me wish I could still be a teacher...
18. Favorite day of the year? Hmmm, don't really know.
19. What do you do to vent anger? I don't know. I guess I need to find something...I just realized I really don't do much. Wow. I have to get on top of that. Internalizing isn't good!!!
20. What was your favorite toy as a child? I don't think I had one.
21. Fall or Spring? Fall.
22. Hugs or kisses? Both! Only from certains. I don't like just anyone touching me...
23. Cherry or Blueberry? Cherry.
24. Living arrangements? Housesitting for the moment.
25. When was the last time you cried? Yesterday afternoon.
26. What is on the floor of your closet? Shoes, high-heels that I haven't worn since my former life as a hip career woman. Stuff to make collages, magazines with articles I like, books.
27. What did you do last night? Watched a little television, because it's been a while.
28. Favorite smell? Passage d'Enfer perfume.
29. What inspires you? My friend Jesus.
30. What are you afraid of? I'm not really afraid of anything anymore.
31. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Cheese. Spicy hamburgers, what?!?
32. Favorite car? VW convertible bugs (new ones).
33. Favorite dog breed? English Cocker Spaniel; Great Dane
34. Number of keys on your key ring? 6.
35. How many years at your current job? 1 month.
36. Favorite day of the week? Saturdays and Sundays, especially Sunday afternoons.
37. How many states have you lived in? 6. Ohio, Massachusetts, Illinois, New Hampshire, Indiana, Washington.
38. How many cities have you in? 8. Toledo, Boston, Chicago, Seattle, Encarnacion, Avignon, Copenhagen, Paris.

7 comments:

Eunice said...

you laugh at spicy hamburgers now, but I will tell you that the best burger I have ever had was one that my butcher friend made while experimenting at work one day. They mixed in a little ground pork with ground beef and cheese and onions and andouille spice. oh momma, that was de-lish! best burger I've ever had, by far.

Narrator said...

Rachel, I love making collages, too. I feel silly sometimes collecting odds and ends for collages, because in the end I don't do much with the finished product -- not even hang it. I think people who know me think it's a juvenile hobby, but I have a great time connecting visual ideas in one small space. There's definitely an art and logic behind collage-making.

When did you live in Chicago?

Narrator said...

Rachel, can I put your blog up on my favourites?

mmmm...that's delicious said...

eunice,

that hamburger sounds pretty good to me. maybe i'll try that mix myself!!

mmmm...that's delicious said...

dena,

i think you're right, making collages is an art and the end result can be most beautiful!! i think that collages can be/are just as much an expression of your vision, thoughts, feelings, etc. as a painting or poem or song. don't feel silly, i say. just keep it up!!

AND

of course you can put me in your list of favorites. i already linked you to my site, if you don't mind!!

Eunice said...

My mom is an artist and she does a ton of collage. The new thing is to put collage into a book, it's called altered books. Basically, you find a cool book, and then you collage in it. They are pretty cool, even if I don't see the point. :)

Narrator said...

Rachel, thanks! I have a bunch of great clippings collected for something I want to do this summer. I say this summer because I feel like the fall will be too busy.

I linked to your site, too.


Eunice, I don't understand this book-collage thing. It sounds really interest -- would you mind explaining it a little more?