Friday, July 01, 2005

Blog Tag

I'm finally up and running here...So the game continues...

Thanks Eunice, there is no harm in 'borrowing' an idea...where would our world be without it?

1. Adventures of a Domestic Engineer
2. Crazy Like A Zircon
3. Yeah, I'm A Cat
4. As Life Flutters By...
5. The New Girl In Town

As for my favorite childhood memories, I really, honestly can't remember back that far. So instead, if I may, I'd like to present a twist, a list of 10 things people would never know just by looking at me, to help you get to know me better, blog friends...

1. My favorite television show is King of Queens

2. My favorite vacation ever has been a tour of some of the fjords and cities of Norway's southwestern coast. It was really the most beautiful place. It was a tour called Norway in a Nutshell (a little touristy, but so so nice!!). Everyone should do it.

3. If I could live anywhere it would be in Paris, in the 11th arrondissement in an apartment overlooking the Pere Lachaise cemetery. Really, the most beautiful place in Paris. Skip Mr. Morrisson however, not too interesting, and really, I'm not just saying that because The Doors make me cringe...

4. When I was little, my mother had to stop giving me costume birthday parties --I was born on Halloween-- because I would get scared and cry and scream because of the masks people were wearing--Even after they took them off. I have a succession of birthday party pictures with me standing before a cake either looking horrified with tears streaming down my face or with me screaming in terror, mouth wide open.

5. When I was 16, I got chastised(and almost arrested) by the Paraguayan military police during the Stroessner regime, because I unknowingly tried to take a picture of a huge statue of the dictator.

6. If I ever choose to go back to school again, which I seriously doubt will ever happen, it will be to get a Ph.D. in African-American studies.

7. I am currently obsessed with learning as much about bees and Algerian pastries as I possibly can.

8. I am trying to learn Portuguese (Brazilian) so that I can sing jazz and Bossa Nova.

...Okay, so maybe that's only 8 things, but that's enough, don't you all think?

1 comment:

Eunice said...

I love your twist. I don't know that I could even come up with 8 things... Hmmm, alas, I may just borrow again. :)

Thanks for playing!